Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is an indigenous Oil exploration and production company with a focus on West Africa and the Gulf of Guinea as its core production areas. They are also in joint venture partnerships with some indigenous Oil and Gas Partnerships.
Due to internal expansion; they are looking for suitable qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Engineer
- The Project Engineer will be responsible for completing engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements in leading middle and large-scale projects in the offshore/onshore sector (Oil and Gas).
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted Engineering practices, processes and standards.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
- Contribute in preparation of weekly and monthly reports.
- Oversee procurement department and execution planning.
- Maintain close contact with respective clients throughout the project to ensure satisfactory reaction to client’s needs or criticisms.
- Monitor and control project performance against budget, schedule, and quality and safety requirements using appropriate control tools and reporting of same to Management and clients.
- Manage multi-discipline engineering teams in the delivery of scopes through regular progress meeting and by facilitation where multi-discipline issues require discussion and resolution.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Commitment to and promotion of the Company’s values and ensuring the realization of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the Department/Disciplines quality management system is followed taking into account any special contractual requirements.
- Education: A Bachelor or/and Master’s Degree in an Engineering field (Petroleum Engineering Preferably)
- Professional affiliations/certifications.
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience in engineering through multiple function and project assignments, preferably with engineering consultants/contractors or from client’s side.
- Proven capabilities of interfacing/interacting with all stakeholders including licensors, client, statutory authorities and vendors on all aspects of project execution.
- Broad knowledge of industry standards and related work processes
- Fully conversant with all aspects of project execution cycle from engineering to contacting strategies, procurement, field engineering, construction, commissioning and handover.
- Detailed understanding of Oil and Gas operations and Equipment.
- Leadership skills in Project Engineering with ability to handle complex multi-office projects.
- Carrying the responsibility for the project success and providing strong direction for the team.
- Ability to initiate and define work scopes, including experience preparing scopes of work.
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills (both verbal and written).
- Flexibility to travel within and outside Nigeria on a regular basis.
- Understanding of Project business case and reflect this in the work environment such as productivity, schedule, workhour control, innovation etc.
- Should have been involved in the development and implementation of activities such as the latest technology and methods to improve efficiency, accuracy and productivity for the department.
- Takes personal responsibility for a safe and healthy environment on the projects.
- Experience in coordinating and controlling team delivery in accordance with agreed cost and schedule.
- Fully capable of working with Sales team on opportunities and proposals, adding value, and providing inputs for preparation of reports and executive summaries.
- Fully understand project budgets and procedure, costing, Execution and Quality plans, invoicing, cash flow and gross margin.
- Demonstrate full commitment to Safety and Quality.
- Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills, communication skills.
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills.
- Ability to clearly discuss technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Great team working and mentoring skills
Application Closing Date
5th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qialified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.