Scholarship Opportunity for Exceptional African Youths – AFRICAN CHARITY SCHOLARSHIP 2018
This is to apprise the NAIRAPALS COMMUNITY that the application for the 2018 African Charity scholarship funding for undergraduates, postgraduates is still continuing.
About AFRICAN CHARITY
Our Trustee Board and Officers are comprised of an incredible array of philanthropic, passionate, seasoned individuals with deep and sincere investments in the foundation’s mission for local empowerment and upliftment. Providing oversight to ensure financial and strategic efficiencies on all the foundation’s efforts and operations, they are deeply committed to humanitarian and philanthropic empowerment and development work to enhance and create opportunities for significant impact and growth in the Africa and the world at large.
Scholarship Programme Details
– African Charity hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerian students for the 2017/2018 AFRICAN CHARITY National Undergraduate Scholarship Programme.
– The programme aims to improve and promote academic excellence and promote the skills of young Africans. It provides yearly grant to the successful applicants from their very first year to the completion of their Degree. –
Eligible Courses of Study: Eligible students studying the under-listed courses in Nigerian or Ghanian Tertiary Institutions are invited to submit an electronic Application on https://www.africancharity.net/registration
- Agricultural Sciences
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Building/ Construction/Architecture
- Law Management Sciences
- Life/Biological Sciences
- Physical/Applied Sciences and
- Social Sciences.
African Charity Eligibility:
To be eligible candidates must have…
- – Every applicant should have a valid personal email account (for steady communication).
- – Candidates who meet the above eligibility criteria should apply online at: https://www.africancharity.net/registrationto provide the required Background, Personal and Educational details, and upload Scanned copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG or PNG format, and not more than 200kilobytes (kb) (Red or White Background);
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E)
- Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- Birth Certificate;
- O’ Level Result(s); and
- ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable –
DEADLINE Applications should be submitted online on or before 22nd April, 2018.
Examination Date: 2nd – 11th May, 2018.
How to apply for African Charity
- – Applicants must be citizens of Nigeria or Ghana.
- Have at least five (5) credits in not more than two sittings including Mathematics and English Language.
- Not be a Final Year Student.
- Applicant must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship (National or International).
- Applicants must have been offered admission into any tertiary institution of the country.
- Applicants must have a minimum CGPA of 2.25 in a 5-grade system or 1.5 in a 4-grade scale for 2nd year (200 level) and above or its equivalent in other grade system. – Newly admitted undergraduate must have a minimum UTME score of 180.
Frequently Asked Questions about African Charity
- How much does African Charity Scholarship Offer?
Depending on your Country and State, African Charity offers $1500 for undergraduate scholarship, $3500 for Post graduate,$4000 for Successful Candidate studying Abroad and $10,000 for Doctoral and Post Doctoral Scholarship or its equivalent in the currency of choice during application.
- What do I major in to apply for the scholarship?
The application is only open to all Tertiary Institution Undergraduates, Postgraduate and Doctoral Programmes.
- Can I send an open application?
No. Application is strictly done through the application portal.
- Will you confirm receipt of my application?
Once you submit your online application form you will be sent an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application. You will subsequently be contacted if you make the Aptitude test shortlisted, if not you will be notified at the end of campaign.
- What happens to my online application?
Applications are stored in a database; after the closing date they are evaluated and a shortlist is compiled of qualified applicants. Applicants who did not qualify for the scholarship will be notified at the end of the scholarship campaign
- How do I create my profile?
- Can I change my profile details?
Yes, you can. You are responsible for the correctness of the details provided. To correct errors after submission of your application, kindly log on to your African charity profile, click on “My Account”, a dropdown appears, then click on “My Messages”. You will be directed to a page where you can directly send a message to the scholarship administrator stating your corrections. The corrections will be effected and a mail sent to you confirming it.
- How do I know my application has been received?
When you submit your application online, you automatically receive confirmation of receipt by email. Please note that your email provider may see this confirmation email as spam, so check if your junk or spam folder contains an email sent by firstname.lastname@example.org. You can visit your profile to view the status of your application.
- Do I need to pay to facilitate the application?
You are strongly advised not to patronize anyone by cash or kind. This award is strictly based on merit and meeting the award criteria. Note: Please ensure you understand the Instructions carefully before you start this application to avoid errors and disqualification.
- When is the scholarship application due?
The application deadline is strictly 1st April, 2018 22nd April, 2018. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline.
- Can I apply through the Representative in my university
- How can I access the scholarship fund?
All scholarship funds will be disburse to only successful candidates only through the African Charity MasterCard.
- How can get my African Charity MasterCard?
The African Charity MasterCard will be distributed from country to country through the African Central Terminal and to respective tertiary institution in designated countries. Successful Candidates will get a message upon arrival of their card.
- How do I apply for the AFRICAN CHARITY Scholarship award?
If you meet the requirements for the scholarship award, please complete the application form accessible from online application link inside the scholarship advert.
- Who is eligible for the AFRICAN CHARITY Scholarship Scheme?
The application is open to Tertiary Institution undergraduates from all levels except Final year.
- Do I need to be accepted into a particular institution, before I apply for the scholarships?
Applicants must have gained full-time or part-time admission into any recognized Tertiary Institution.
- Where can I upload my passport photograph and other required documents?
During the creation of your profile, click on the tab “Passport Photograph” and upload your passport in JPEG, JPG AND PNG format, not larger than 200KB in size. To upload other documents, click on the tab “Documents” select appropriate document from the drop down list and upload.